CAMPING LES MICOCOULIERS campsite is located in Soréde, a village of 3,200 inhabitants in the department of Pyrénées-Orientales: sun, sea, hills and high mountains.
- 9 km from the sandy beaches of Argelès sur Mer (on the Vermillion Coast)
- 15 km from the rocky coastline: Collioure, Port-Vendres, Banyuls
- 22 km south of Perpignan
- 22 km from Perthus on the Spanish border
- 190 km from Barcelona, the Catalan region’s must-see city
Soréde sits at the foot of the Albères mountain ranges whose summit is the Pic Nèoulouses at 1,200 m.
There are many trails to follow.
Visit the hermitage of Notre Dame du Château, at an altitude of 600m, reachable on foot or by car, starting from the village.
The gorges of Lavail, 4 km from Soréde with its very pretty river.
The Vallée des Tortues (Valley of the Tortoises).
In Sorède, the C.A.T. (Centre d’aide par le travail – Help Through Work centre), manufacturing whips and other items from the wood of hackberry trees.
- Palau de Vidre, 5 km: lake: fishing, bathing, picnics
- Elne, 11 km, cloisters
For more details, visit Sorède Tourist Office’s website: www.ot-sorede.com